From August 12 - 21, the Fitzsimmons Express chair will be spinning full gas 30 minutes early starting at 9:30am. Upload on Whistler Village Gondola opens at 10am to Olympic Station only until 10:30am.
Creekside is far less busy than the Village and during Crankworx it will be the place you'll want to be to get up into the Bike Park right away. Take advantage of free underground parking and the Creekside GBB shop for any gear and mechanicals.
Like the Fitz Zone, Garbanzo Express will be spinning 30 minutes early throughout the Crankworx week to keep up with the morning lap grab. Once you're up, stay up as Garbo is typically less busy than Fitz. Garbo access via Whistler Village Gondola starts at 10:30am and note specific closures on Whistler Village Gondola outlined in tip #4.
The 5000’ descent that is Top of the World is a highlight on any day but during Crankworx it’s a great place to escape the heat and the crowds. Although, the trail will be used for the first 3 days of the event so be aware of some specific closures during that time:
- 10:30am (Village upload) - 2pm (last Peak upload): All access
- 2pm – 7pm: EWS/Challenger racers ONLY
- CLOSED all day to public. Access to Top of the World is only allowed for EWS racers only.
- Whistler Village Gondola: 10am – 12pm access to Olympic Station only. 12-8pm access to Roundhouse Lodge
- CLOSED to public. Access to Top of the World is only allowed for EWS racers only.
- Whistler Village Gondola: 10 – 11:30am all access. 11:30am-6pm access to Olympic Station only. 6pm-8pm all access.
August 15 – August 21:
- 10:30am (Village upload) – 4pm: all access.
No matter where you start your day, Dusty’s Bar & BBQ or Raven’s Nest, at the bottom and top of the Creekside Gondola respectively, are the places you’ll want to be to fuel up.
Cool off and ease the arm pump by not riding mid-day. This is typically the busiest time and you’ll need a rest if you start at first bell. Lost Lake is a short ride away and is a perfect place a swim and chill.
Spectating all the Crankworx events is sick but if your lap bag is low riding while events are running will help fill it up. Lift lines are typically lower and there are less people riding when events are happening.
Crankworx days are long since events happen well into the evening so make friends with the water fountains and pay them frequent visits all day long.
Open specifically during Crankworx the Excalibur Gondola, which runs from Whistler Village to Lot 6 on Blackcomb Mountain, will be open for the first two and last four days of the event and is FREE for everyone. Use this gondola to:
- Park Free in Lot 6,7, and 8 on Blackcomb Mountain. NOTE – no bikes are permitted on the gondola.
- Access the Ultimate Pumptrack Challenge Presented by RockShox on Thursday August 18 from 10am – 10pm. See here for full event details
Looking for the ultimate Crankworx Whistler experience?
Sign up and be a part of the Crankworx Insider Experience to receive special discounts on Bike Park passes, PEAK 2 PEAK 360 Experience passes, village bars including Merlin’s and Dusty’s, official Crankworx merchandise, and more. It’s free to sign up and loaded with perks.
Get a full Crankworx VIP experience with packages that get you closer to the action than anyone else. Sign up and get all the details here
Crankworx isn’t a week to mess around with and you need to do it right in order to last the full 10 days. Follow these tips and we’ll see you bright eyed at Super Slopestyle Sunday with RedBull Joyride to cap things off.