Ages 6 - 12 years old
It'll be their best day of the week; any day of the week.
The Whistler Mountain Bike Park DFX Daily Kids programs are undoubtedly among the best in North America. We have camp packages that can be tailored to any length of visit, available in 3 for 2 discounted packages, or as a daily drop in. Under the guidance of our esteemed and professionally certified coaches, there is no better way for your child to experience the thrill of mountain biking in a supervised and controlled environment.
Our kids camp program offers lessons that will provide your children with the fundamental foundations to the sport, in groups that are suitable for any level of experience. From first time riders to advanced shredders, we keep the excitement levels high and the smiles stretched from ear to ear.
Learn even more with our maximum of 4 participants per group. Groups will be spilt by ability and age with 6 – 8 year olds and 9 – 12 year olds grouped together whenever possible.
All of our kids camps include lunch and unlimited smiles. Have more fun by taking advantage of or summer long 3 for 2 deal on lessons and rentals.
Daily lessons: 1, 2 and 3for2 day pricing options available
Price includes Bike Park Lift Ticket, lunch voucher for The Wizard Grill, Bike Rental with safety equipment (helmet, knee/shin/elbow pads & gloves). Non-rental bikes much pass a safety check. Safety equipment is only included with a Whistler Blackcomb rental but can be booked separately in-store.
* Beginners need to have been off training wheels for at least a year, be CONFIDENT on their bike, have good balance and be comfortable using hand brakes.
||Beginner, Novice, Intermediate, Strong Intermediate, Advanced, Expert
June - Weekends ONLY (starting May 31)
July and August - daily lessons start on June 30 through to August 31,
||9:30am - 3:30pm
||Garbanzo Kids - beside the Whistler Gondola entrance at the base of Whistler Mountain
|2 consecutive days
|3-for-2. Book 3 consecutive days for the price of 2*.
|NEW! SPRING WEEKEND DEAL
Book 2 consecutive days and get the second one ½ price**
|For more information or to book call 1.800.766.0449
|9:00am - 9:30am
||Pick up vouchers, collect safety information, sign waivers at Village Guest Relations, Pick up Bike Rentals and Equipment.
|9:30am - 10:00am
||Meet the coaches at Garbanzo Kids location. Coaches will assess your child's level and form groups on ability and past experience.
|10:00am - 12:00pm
||Skill development and riding trails.
|12:00pm - 12:20pm
||Lunch at Wizard Grill at Blackcomb Base - Lunch time may vary.
|12:30pm - 3:15pm
||More riding and having fun.
|3:15pm - 3:30pm
||Pick up time back at Garbanzo Kids.
|Please Note: Meeting location may change during events such as Crankworx. Please ask in GR or one of the instructors outside the rental shop if you are unsure where to meet.
Important Information about the DFX Daily Program
- Beginner classes may not descend down the Bike Park on the trails; readiness to descend will depend on the ability and stamina of the whole group. Beginner lessons not riding down the mountain will be spent in the learning areas at the top of Fitzsimmons Chair and on the trails in the valley.
- Lunch is provided. Lunch is eaten at The Wizard Grill at Blackcomb Base, which provides an indoor seating area to keep out of the sun/rain. Lunch choices include hot dogs, burgers, sandwiches and salads as part of our Family Certified menu options. If your child has allergies or dietary requirements please inform the instructor.
- A hydration pack is highly recommended for use on the trails. Water fountains are only available at the top and bottom of the Bike Park.
- Clothing – please dress appropriately for the weather/temperature. Shorts and T-shirt are fine with a sweater or track pants for colder days. Closed toes shoes are required, no sandals or flip flops. We will be riding in all weather, so please be prepared with rain gear and sunscreen!
DFX ABILITY LEVELS:
(Adult ability level 2) I have good balance and control on my bike and can confidently use hand brakes. But I have never ridden in the bike park before, and have little or no experience on technical trails. Goal: To learn basic downhill biking skills and ride Easy Does It confidently.
(Adult ability level3) I can ride Easy Does It or other easy single track cross country trails comfortably. I can ride down short sections of stairs, wide ladder bridges and skinnys on the ground. Goal: Improve basic skills and progress to easy blue trails.
(Adult ability level 4) I can ride B Line and Ho Chi Min comfortably or other easy blue trails (cross country/bike park). I can ride over rocks and roots, raised ladder bridges, small rock faces and teeter totters Goal: To ride harder, more technical blues and develop appropriate skills.
(Adult ability level 4) I can ride all blue trails at a moderate and safe speed. I can ride all the features on blue trails, do a front and rear wheel lift and ride steep roll downs. Goal: To develop technical riding skills, introduction to drops, jumps and ridding at faster speeds.
(Adult ability level 5) I can ride at a moderate and safe speed on easy Black trails. I can pick a line through technical sections, ride steep rock faces, raised skinnys and do a track stand. I can clear small jumps and do small drops with the correct technique. Goal: To develop dropping, jumping and high speed cornering skills.
(Adult ability level 6) I am comfortable at higher speeds on all trails and can ride all features on Black trails. I can ride all jump trails at the appropriate speed and clear all the jumps. Goal: to refine skills, on all trails at speed.
For more information or to book call: 1.800.766.0449